Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Posted a day after writing. Again.

I think blogging from work may become a regular thing if I keep working these awkward shifts; there's about an hour in the afternoon where there's nothing to do. I've cleaned all I can clean, updated the records, worked out, and have no clients. Therefore I can, without guilt, type myself up a nice little update on life if I wish to. So, shall I?

Like I said before, I just graduated (YES!) and now it's back to working a bunch and having no plan. However, I sort of do have a plan. Like I mentioned before, I'm hoping to travel. I'm looking at April-May of next year, for both months, and I'm hoping to hit areas in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, and Italy. We'll see how this goes; I may have to cut one country, or extend/shorten my trip, depending on income levels. My savings goal for this trip is about $6000, but if I end up with more money that would be excellent. So far my main incomes are my two part-time jobs, and then this fall I'm house-sitting for roughly 2 months, so that should help out. I'm also starting to slowly accumulate supplies. I have been told that I can borrow a pack from a few different people, so there's no worry about that. For my birthday last week I was gifted a lovely omni-heat, water-resistant/proof jacket that is lightweight and easy to carry, and for grad I received a fantastic iPad, so now I will be able to keep in touch. My main goal now is just to save, save, save. And plan.


I know what countries I want to see, and I have some rough ideas of what cities I want to go to, but is there anywhere in particular I should not miss out on? Having never been further East than Alberta and only as far South as California, I'm not well travelled by any means. I anticipate a huge learning experience, some personal growth, and a wonderful experience; now I just need to figure out exactly where I want to go. Any help?

1 comment:

  1. Well sounds like a fun adventure! I so want to go with you!!! in France, obviously Paris! but if you get a chance to take a train or plane down south go to Marseille (I think that was it). Which ever place in France that thinks they are their own country!

    ReplyDelete