Thursday, September 26, 2013

Well, Shall We?


Our Prime Minister has written a book.

I mean, I shouldn’t really be surprised, a lot of people write books, in a lot of different ways, but my first thought of course was: “when?!” So I did a bit of reading. Apparently he started writing in around 2005, and plugged away at it in sections, 15 minutes a day style. Huh. So of course, that go me thinking as well. What would happen if I sat down to write for fifteen minutes a day? What could I come out with?

Well, honestly, I can’t answer my own question. However, I think this may be a new challenge to try. For fifteen minutes a day, I’ll sit down and write. I already know there will be days when I get nothing done; everyone has a day where they just can’t get the words to the page, eh? But maybe some days will be better than others, and I’ll actually decide to keep writing. Who knows? I certainly don’t.

What will I write about though? Hmm, what do I want to write about; shall I write a fantasy, a thrilling adventure with spells and sorcery; or shall I write a tale of the sea, a swashbuckling fantasy about a pirate and the troubles he faces; again, I could try to write something more based in reality - a trip to Europe, a life in the county; anything is possible, and I think that’s what has been stopping me in the past - not knowing what to write about.

Of course, after you have a topic and a plot with a basic manuscript, there’s the research. You don’t want to stumble into something and then realize you’ve got it all wrong; but to get there, of course, you have to have an idea. So. What do you think I should look at writing about (aside from completing my Europe blog… I’ll get to it, I *promise*. I’ve even got my journal in a special place on my desk, and the photos are going up on Facebook in an order now!)? “Far-off places, daring sword fights, a prince in disguise?” (Beauty and the Beast) Or shall I keep it closer to home, and what I know? Hmm. With Halloween coming up, maybe I’ll write something spooky? Or, of course, I could write a series of short stories.

Actually, that’s not too bad an idea - a series of short stories, each being written in fifteen minutes. It could be like those “Math Minutes” you do in school; except not math, and certainly not only one minute. I wonder…

Well, now I’m wondering many things; will I actually do this; do I have the drive to see it through; when should I start; what will I do on days that I can’t find the time; why is it so hard to find fifteen minutes to myself some days. A multitude of questions are now clamouring for space in my mind, and thus, I must leave you. I’m off to do a spot of cleaning, and then when I get home to fix the drivers on my laptop and eventually print off my booklist so that I can begin organizing my personal library.

~*~Follow your dreams!~*~

xx  L.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment