Sunday, August 7, 2011

How is it August?!

Hey internets! So it's been a few weeks, and I'm sitting here listening to the stereo pump out sped up 80's hits at work with no one around, so I thought I'd write. I missed you/this. And thus, here's a little update from myself; enjoy!

Well, the last few weeks have been a bit of a blurr. Between my two jobs I'm working about 50 hours a week and have some fairly strange hours (i.e. 8-1 and 3-8 in a day, or 7:30-12:30 and 2-8 in a day). My family are also MIA. No, they haven't been taken away by CSIS, they've just left me on my onesies for a while. Bug's gone to Honduras on a Missions trip, and my parents are out in the mountains camping and seeing bears. I'm here, working. But hey, it's not all bad!

I've just bought 22 of my 26 school books for September (and I'm reading some of them. It's hard to resist when the required reading is things like Dracula, The Hobbit, Sabriel, and Treasure Island), seen some friends, remembered to give my puppy his pills on time, kept the garden alive (and eaten fresh fruit every day!), and done a few other things. What are those other things? Well, first off, I validated and early registration account for Pottermore Friday and I'm waiting for my email to come saying that I can start using it [they won't let us all on at once :(]. So if there's anyone else out there on Pottermore, keep an eye out for DawnQuest114 if you'd like (I think that's my username). I also went to the dinner theatre with my Grandparents Friday night, and it was superb. We saw Fiddler on the Roof, which was brilliant. Because of this, I got home slightly before midnight, didn't sleep until around 2, got up lateish (7), and still managed to get to work early enough to open on time. I was pretty pleased with myself.

Other than that, there's not been tooooo much. Tonight was Doctor Who night with a friend, so we tried to get her as caught up in the show as possible. We have 3 episodes left to watch before she is completely caught up, but that's good time.. I think we watched about 6 episodes tonight, and we even made it through part of A Very Potter Musical while we were waiting. 

That seems to be my life in a nut shell at the moment. I'm waiting for a friend to see if she has a particular weekend off so that we can go be touristy in Seattle, so we'll see how that goes, and I'm heading off to bed now because I have to work 'tomorrow' (which is actually today because of the time of 'morning').

Ciao, love, and keep it groovy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment