Saturday, January 4, 2014

Oh, yes, well then.

Hullo. Wow, so I always knew I'd be terrible at updating a blog regularly, but I never thought I'd be this awful. Seriously, this is terrible; I just found a half-finished post saved on here that's from three months ago (which has since been deleted, as I have no idea where I was going with it)! So, what has happened since I posted my cookie recipe? Well, I started a new job, baked more cookies, and celebrated Christmas and New Years with my family, among other things. It's been quite a while, hasn't it?!

So, how've you been? I'd offer you something to drink, as I have learned it is customary to do with guests, but all I currently have is water, wine, rum, coke, and tea, so your choices are limited. I'm drinking wine; it's late in the evening, and I am savouring the glass I poured to have with dinner - what can I get for you?

Right, well, now that we're all settled with our respective drinks, how are you? I've been quite well, thank you; as I said, I've started a new job, so that's terribly exciting. No, honestly, some days it does feel as if it's going terribly, though I've been assured it's not just me; I'm working as a pharmacy assistant, and being trained on-the-job, so it's a lot to learn and take in, though I haven't messed it up too terribly yet (I just have to get the hang of it; why doesn't 30 grams of ointment always fit in a 30 gram jar?!). Yes, so, that's what's consuming my life currently; that and house-sitting, of course. And yourselves? Has anything terribly exciting happened to the internet since I last wrote? I mean, outside of news articles that have circulated the globe, have I missed anything terribly important?

It sounds like I'm up-to-date? Aw, what a lovely thing for you to say, though I'm certain it's hardly true! Anyways, how were your Holidays? Mine were fantastic, and incredibly busy! I'd show you the photos, but I sort of, accidentally, haven't been taking that many. I know, I know, I said I would be taking more, but.... It would seem that I told you a falsehood; I'm terribly sorry about that. However, yes, Christmas was incredibly busy this year. We hosted dinner, and of course we had to get everything else finished before that, so it's a good thing my sister demanded I be back in the family home by 7:30am so that she could "wake me up!" never mind how busy the day was, it was still absolutely fantastic, and then the next few days before New Years were also insanely busy, so there was certainly no rest in my house until this weekend, actually, and even that hasn't been terribly restful.

You see, I'm house-sitting, so I'm in another person's house at the moment. The homeowners have more people coming in on about the 14th or 15th, which is all well and good, but I'm working the weekend before that, so I've got to make sure I get everything I need to finished before they arrive home. Also, today I had to run into the city and pick up a few things, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous, so of course I dawdled. And then, my sister wanted me to accompany her and Momma to lunch and the grocer, as she's just moved out on her own (like, New Years Day, not even joking), so I didn't get home as early as I'd anticipated. Then, dinner. And of course, the wine. And a movie. And now here it is, 10 o'clock in the evening, and I've not done the housework. Tomorrow, hopefully, I can get some of it done. After Jazzercise, and before dinner and Grandma's? Hopefully!

Hmmm, I think that's really all I have to say this evening. I fear I must depart; there's idiots arsing around in their trucks outside, and I may just be a crotchety old lady and go tell them off. Either that, or I'm off to the other side of the house with my wine to watch some television before bed; I haven't decided yet. Have a pleasant night, my dear, and enjoy your evening. I'm hoping I'll be better at this blogging thing in 2014, but I make no guarantees. Who know though; perhaps I'll even get my travel blog from the summer months finished and updated (yeah, right; who am I trying to kid?!)

Goodnight, sleep well, and keep warm against the winter's chill!

-L.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment