Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dragons and ice shows

So it's Sunday night again, and that means that it's the start of a whole new week. Which is awesome. This week is filled with tonnes of potential, so long as I can keep myself strictly on track - which so far isn't working too well, but that's fine. It's Sunday, not Monday yet. This week's goal is to read two novels - Godwin's Caleb Williams and Wells' The War of the Worlds. I'm also supposed to read Belinda, but it just may not happen this week - I've got to sleep sometime too, right? But that's irrelevant, it's Sunday. I'd recap on my week and all that good stuff, but honestly, only two things happened that are worth too much notice: a). I went out Thursday night to karaoke with some friends and it was super fun (more news to follow?) and b). I performed in the ice show Saturday, and it was pretty cool too. Also, dragons should floss their teeth. Honestly, who wants to see their last meal stuck, especially when you know it used to be your bestie? Honestly. 

The long and short of my weekend/Saturday is that the afternoon performance was worse than the night performance (as per usual), it was waaaay darker than I expected and the lights were brighter, and it was a blast. Honestly, it's a performance - it's supposed to be fun, laid back, low pressure performance to show what you can do, and it was. Except the part where I fell. More than once.  But that's normal, I spend about 3/4 of my time on the ice on my butt. You take a klutz, strap knives to her feet and push her out onto a slippery surface and what's going to happen? She'll wind up on her butt. Possibly with concussions at different times (apparently I've had several of these, none of which I remember). But yeah, so the ice show went really well, and then I helped clean everything up (which means I got to kick a pirate ship into pieces.. After we took a bunch of the plywood off!), came home, had a shower and tried to wash pink glitter off of me and out of my hair, sat around, and went to bed. Then today I worked and went to Grandma's for dinner and now I'm here, spilling my.... random thoughts? Although I'll admit, I could be much more random..

I could mention, for example, that I can touch my toe to my ear. Because I randomly decided to see if I still could, and I can. Or I could mention that I just found more PINK GLITTER in my room >.< or that my dog is snoring behind me, and just made me jump by moving him feet and pushing my desk chair forwards. But I refrained from all that (until now :P) and actually stuck to a topic. This is a pretty big deal for me, I'm a bit of a random person, unless I have a story to tell. And right now, I don't think I do. I mean, how many times and ways can one say "today I tried to make money/do homework/sleep/eat/be responsible and do a million things" and actually make sense? Nah, this is more of a verbal spewing of key points, and even those you're not going to get all of the details on because of... I'll say for the sake of confidentiality for now. But really it's because I'm lazy and don't want to put in a million details, I haven't asked if my friends would mind me mentioning their names on the internet, and my weekend was so busy that I couldn't tell you all about it. Because then I'd have to remember every detail, wrack my brains, and yeah.. Basically I'm lazy. But I think I've forgotten where I was going with this - I went to get some munchies, came back, went onto facebook, and then remembered about this. Which means I should go to bed so that I can be up at 6:00am (fml) for class tomorrow. Which is actually like, 5 am because of "this morning"'s time change. Gross.... Ciao! (one day I'll learn cool words for goodbye or something. Tonight's it's just ciao)

No comments:

Post a Comment