Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bathrooms, Blog, Brownies, Bio, Bathe

That was the outline of my day. I didn't have to go to work, so I made a list of things to do, which grew as the day went on, and since it's 'B' day here in the April Alphabet blog challenge thing I decided I'd share the general gist of my day with you, seeing as it was so 'B' centric.

Bathrooms: they have to be cleaned every once-in-a-while, no? Well, I clean ours here every week, so that was my chore of the day. I was not looking forward to it because the sink in one of the bathrooms has been clogged for a few weeks and I just haven't wanted to deal with it. But today it was dealt with - my daddy came up and took the pipe apart, the drain stop out, and unclogged my sink for me, handing me all the pieces and saying 'clean these out'. Ick. I mean, it's fairly normal to have to clean hair out of your drains, right? Well, apparently my sister's friend had put cottage cheese down our drains as well, so that was all plugged up and rotting. That's why my drains were clogged - there was FREAKIN' COTTAGE CHEESE STUCK IN MY DRAINS. How disgusting is that?? But that's all gone and the sink's all cleaned and everything which is good. I also got to use these awesome new cloths to clean the counters. I know, I know, it sounds totally lame to be excited about new cloths. However, with THESE I don't have to use any chemicals or anything. They're these Norwex cloths that have like, silver in them or something and they're antibacterial and they're pretty much amazing. So that was awesome and signified a good ending to my bathroom adventures (nothing grabbed me and tried to pull me down the drain-that means it was successful, right?)

Blog: which is what I'm doing now. I know it sounds lame to like, plan on writing this but I'm not going to have time to do it tonight (which is sorta when I normally blog? I normally do this Sunday nights, but with this... Nighttime might become the norm) because Ray-Ray is coming over and we're going to start on our movie list - the list we're making of movies we need to watch. So tonight it's Chicago, because neither of us has seen it and we figured we should. If there's anyone out there reading this with a suggestion of what else we should see, let me know!!

Brownies. What more do I need to say? I watched this video earlier today and it made me want chocolate brownies so I think I'm going to make some. We've got a box of that like, pre-made brownie mix in the cupboard that we've not used and I think I'm going to use it. I realize that these brownies won't be nearly as awesome as brownies made from scratch, but it's like 6 pm and I want brownies, so this is my answer. *shrugs*

I'm helping my little sister with Bio 12 because I was previously a Bio major (until I decided I REALLY disliked Biology) and she's taking the course.

Bathing is something we should all do, and since I'm too lazy to do it when I get up early in the morning, unless I know it's going to wake me up, I normally shower in the evening. And because I also went to Zumba today (which is freakin' awesome, by the way. Except that where I'm taking it the instructor doesn't have the best sense of timing so she counts off beat which bugs me to no end), I figure it's probably common courtesy to bathe.

Yeah... That's my day of 'B's, and I suppose it hasn't been all that interesting. I was considering writing about bruises because I always seem to have a ton of them, but they're nearly all gone now (YAY!) for the time being and I didn't feel like it. Then I was going to talk about books, but I have enough of them to go on for years and figured no one would really care (unless I were to talk about  how much I love Harry Potter or how much time Lit students end up in situations where they're bashing Twilight). Plus, I can talk about books some other time, like when I'm not reading Belinda and hating 18th Century conduct novels (just because I've now read about 4 in 2 months). As for tea, well, that starts with a 'T' obviously. But I did buy some more blackcurrant tea today because I was down to one bag left ;)

Bonsoir!!

2 comments:

  1. Also, I apologize for the over use of commas but am far too lazy to edit this again. Sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this now, and noticed you asked for movie suggestions. Here are a few I've seen that I liked: K-PAX, Moon, The Untouchables, The Usual Suspects, Lucky Number Slevin (really good dialogue), Memento, Sunshine, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Road to Perdition. And if you feel like watching a sci-fi that was made very low budget and explains nothing, try Primer (for plot line, see http://xkcd.com/657/).

    ReplyDelete