Friday, April 22, 2011

Sunshine!

What a wonderful way to greet my summer vacation; the sun has come out and after sleeping in this morning (okay, so I didn't go to bed until after 3 and initially woke up around 7, then dozed off and on until something like 10, but I 'slept in'), watching some Modern Family with the friend whose place I crashed at last night, and saying goodbye to her and her roommate (and wishing them a safe flight home to England) it was time to grab some lunch with another friend (the one I talked about in the 'Reunions' post). Then I drove home through an interesting part of town, saw a lot of flowers, and savored the sunshine!

And by savored the sunshine I mean that today, I hid inside but sat in a sunbeam.

It was an extraordinary, gorgeous, sunny day. However, it felt an awful lot like it was still winter; sunshine is wonderful, but I sort of wish it had brought some heat with it today. Not to fear though, they keep telling me that summer's on its way. I mean, it must be, it's like, the 22nd of April. Late May and early June are when it starts to get really nice around here, so it's almost here! (Late May and early June specifically because I can remember being stuck in classes and wishing that I were outside those months while in high school). And even then, "really nice" means that the sun comes out and the temperature peaks above twenty degrees Celsius. I guess this is better than a lot of other places though; we don't have to worry about it getting too outrageously hot (although we've certainly hit mid 30s in the summers, and that's nice!), but we need not fear freezing (or frost-there's a frost warning for tonight. Again.).

I dunno, I'm rambling but that's alright. I think that today's blog post is going to have alot (yes I'm aware of the 'typo) of nothing in it, which is fine. I'm on vacation, I can be free and not say anything important. Or at least that's how I feel today. And with that said, I think I'm going to leave you all with my random ramblings about nothing, head off for a cup of tea, maybe watch some Doctor Who, and sleep before getting up for work again tomorrow. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment