Saturday, April 16, 2011

Night-time

That would be what time it is now; nighttime. As I sit here typing this in my kick-ass Tinkerbell pajamas (which I love, minus the fact that I've ripped one of the seams partially open in the leg - ventilation?) the only thoughts running through my head really are about what I did today, how much comfy my bed looks, and how I've got to write a supposedly thrilling blog before I can be off to bed because I somehow managed to forget that I was doing this until 11pm. And I have to be up in little over 6.5 hours for work >.<

So, what'd I do today? Well, I managed to sleep in until 8am (gasp, I know. It's super late, eh>), lounged in bed until 10, got up and had breakfast, cleaned up, showered, and dropped Bug off at work (because she's playing Gotcha and currently has a stalker, she's trying to avoid using her car, I gather). Then I headed into town to cruise used book stores in the April sunshine!!

It sounds totally nerdy, but I love a good used book store. The first one I visited today (yeah, I went to two) I hadn't actually intended to stop into originally, but I remembered seeing a sign for it as I went by on the highway a while ago, so I went in. And came out with 6 books for $21. I'm stoked! I'm now going to be reading (or re-reading in some cases) Robin Hood, Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, Sabriel, The Moonstone, and The Druid's Tune over the summer, for sure. This place had shelves and shelves of books, and since it was also an antiques store it was really neat just to wander through. Then I headed over to my intended destination (which is going to undergo renos this summer and will no longer have as many thousands of books. Sad.) and perused the shelves. Here I didn't hit as much luck, but it very well could be due to the huge number of books that they have. They've got oodles of them! I came out of there with The Time Machine and Cold Fire; the first I`ve never read and am super excited to after reading War of the Worlds this year, and the second is an old favourite that I`ve taken out of the library dozens of times. And then I headed out the doors to the street market.

One of the things I'd forgotten about the area that I was visiting was that they have a "farmer's market" every Saturday for like, 4 hours. I was on my own so I probably looked either like a loser or slightly pathetic, but I thoroughly enjoyed wandering around all the different little tents and looking at things. I even bought some really nice smelling handmade goat's milk soap to use for the summer. Needless to say, I love street fairs. Especially when they come with a live band like this one did. It was the perfect blend of good literature, folksy music, sunshine, and just general happiness all around. Then I came home, read, went grocery shopping, read, ate dinner, read, and watched Tron with my parents, and now I'm here.

In actuality though, my bed is totally calling my name, and since I now have to be up in significantly less time than before (because I got side tracked writing this and ended up on facebook and twitter because I've not been online all day) I think I'm going to set my alarm, plug my phone in, and curl up under my fun, circle be-decked duvet. Goodnight lovelies!! (And I haven't had a single cup of tea today! But I did have a glass of Nestea Iced tea. Does that count?)

No comments:

Post a Comment