Thursday, April 14, 2011

Limits

When I say limits, this may be what comes to mind for some:
Personally however, I do not think of that for limits. Well, I do to a certain extent in that I took calculus and I hated it, and thus limits draw to mind bad experiences (or thoughts of The Big Bang Theory) and near failing grades. That's not what I was going to refer to tonight though. Tonight I'm going go talk about personal limits and how I'm beginning to think I've reached one of mine.

Everyone has certain limits, si? Like a limit to how much alcohol they can hold before they are sick, or a limit to how long they can go without sleeping. Well, I'm beginning to reach my stress limit, again. Which is fine because it's the end of term, but it still stinks because it basically means I'm exhausted. I came home from school yesterday and had a nap because I was so tired - I don't nap. I don't like napping, it takes time out of my day, and that's valuable time that I could be spending in better ways. Or rather, I nap selectively because I will admit that if Daddy's driving me home from the city (because we carpool when possible) I nap. And if I'm getting a ride somewhere at 6 am and nothing's happening, I nap. But that's about it, besides yesterday.

Not only am I reaching my limit with my exhaustion, but I'm also tired because I'm stressed. I'm stressed because I've written 4 of my 6 exams so far, with another tomorrow morning. This will be alleviated soon, as will my sleep deprivation so really, I'm only approaching my limit. And this limit is not going to be reached if I can help it!

Yay limits. Stressful as they can be, they're still really helpful in making sure that I'm me. They define me. And so, now I'm off to get a cup of tea and relax before I go to bed. Short, boring blog tonight because I've very little energy. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment