Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Questions

Questions; we use them every day, whether or not we realize it. They crop up in our thoughts and our conversations, and they tend to drive us towards things. When you're looking for your keys you ask yourself (or others) where you've put them; when you meet someone new you may ask them their name; and if you're like me, you ask people multiple questions many times a day like "are paper bags alright" and "do you have a card? Debit?". They're all questions, and they all deserve answers. All questions deserve answers, right?

(oooh, super trick-that's another question! *gasp*)

Well, I'm not sure. My grandpa always says that there's no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer, but is this really true? I mean, when you ask me if my slacks are black, it initially comes across as a stupid question, but if I reply with something like "no, they're a darkly tinted grey" that's a stupid answer, because I'm just being picky - my pants appear black. But honestly, DO all questions deserve answers, or just acknowledgement? Let me know what you think!

And now, on with the show. I have some questions that I have been wondering about, and I thought maybe I'd type them and their answers out so that we could all learn these things together. Just so you know though, my main sources will probably be Wikipedia and Google, or myself, so be prepared!!

What books should I read this summer? (The answer to this is partially provided by the stack of new used books I just bought and Christmas presents): Robin Hood, Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, The Moonstone, Sabriel, The Druid's Tune, The Time Machine, Cold Fire, and Whispers Across Time. I'd like to get my hands on the Hunger Games books as well. Any more suggestions, please let me know!!

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? (Now I'm just being mean) The riddle answer is "Why, a woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood", but really it varies and depends on the individual woodchuck and a bunch of other factors.

And one that I can't answer, but maybe you can for me: Why did they stop making Chargers and Challengers the same as they did in the late 60's/early 70's? I mean, aside from the obvious upgrades and technological advances, why'd they change the body?

What's you favourite car?? (Mine's the '69 Dodge Charger, if you couldn't tell.. Dukes of Hazzard (tv series) FTW)



Time to pack up, finish my tea, and go to bed; my last exam is tomorrow!! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment