Friday, April 29, 2011

Yeti

Yupp, I decided to go there. You know, the abominable snowman or the Meh-Teh? Yeah, they're all kinda the same thing. Big, white, monstery things. Specifically they're said to inhabit the Himalayas but I've seen one, and I've never been off the continent. What about you? Have you seen a Yeti? I can share my story about seeing the Yeti if you'd like.

(If you don't care, disregard the next little bit. Otherwise, carry on)

So, I went with my family and we took this sort of slow pace up to the top of the mountain, seeing some stalactites and stalagmites on the way up, and ice and stuff. Then we started heading down, and it was dark. We're rushing down the inside of a mountain by this point, in the dark and cold, and then we see eyes. We get separated from the people slightly ahead of us, and then it comes. There's this Yeti looming over us screeching, and we whiz past it and it's gone. That's my only encounter with a Yeti, and if you haven't guess, it was on an attraction. A specific attraction, actually: The Matterhorn Bobsleds in Disneyland Park.



I honestly don't remember much about the first time I went on this ride (I was 12, okay?) but I do remember that it was darn cold. And the Yeti scared the beegezus out of me; it was big and lit with strobe lights and it was terribly loud and sprung upon you. It was terrifying to my 12 year old self for a few seconds, until we were whipped around a corner and I was laughing again. The second time I was on that ride it was just funny (I was nearly 17 by this point, and was on a trip with my school. Everything is much more awesome when you go with your friends!) and enjoyable, although the person I was riding in the sled with was slightly uncomfortable about the situation.. He wasn't thrilled about sitting behind me in the sled. Oh well, not my fault! The third time I went on the ride I was 18 and with my family and the sled was a little squishy, but otherwise the ride was still fun. This time we went on it at like, 11:30pm and the park was nearly empty. It was so much fun, and the Yeti was probably the highlight of that trip. With the complete darkness brought on by the absence of the sun the strobes surrounding the Yeti were just that much more epic, and the glowing lights were even more penetrating. The general feeling of surreal surroundings was increased by the strobes hitting the white walls and 'ice' and creating a glimmering, beautiful effect set off totally by this hulking ape-like cryptid.

I would compare and contrast Yeti sightings to further this blog post, but to be honest I'm only really interested in the Yeti I've seen. The myth is always fun to hear and it something to listen to and all, but I've never been faced with anything to prove the existence of a Yeti, and so I will continue to believe that they only exist in things such as Disney rides, stories, and as people spotting Spirit Bears and being totally off track in thinking that they appear ape-like. Giant white apes are on the list of things I would believe in, but abominable snowmen are not.

** Oh my gosh guys, I can`t believe after I finish this post off (very shortly) There`s only one left to write! This month has flown by, and this summer is just getting ready to pick up. I realize these blogs haven't been the most amazing things ever, but I'm enjoying myself. If you want quality writing, check out my papers or turn to someone else's blog; this one's for fun, freedom, and venting. However, it's not over yet! So, while I leave you to mull over my random musings (I've just realized I could have done this whole blog and referred only to things Disney, which would have been SO much fun!... Maybe next time), I'm off to enjoy my new Summertime Rooibos tea (which is essentially strawberry-rhubarb tea and tastes like warm ice cream, or pie. I call it 'magic tea' or 'crack tea' because of its addictiveness) and enjoy my evening. Lots of love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment