Monday, April 18, 2011

Online (my mind's wandering, and it may not make sense!!)

So, I'm sitting here in front of my computer earlier, staring at a blank blog post and wondering "what starts with 'O' that I can write about". Not only was I thinking about it, but I texted some friends for suggestions (because I'm that brain dead tonight, again), so there were a few of us thinking about roughly the same topic and this one never came up: online. How I failed to think up this (rather open) topic earlier I'm not sure, but I'd like to thank Youtube and Brad Paisley for their inspiration, haha. 

So, online. Broad topic, right? Well, guess it's going to stay fairly broad, and I'm just going to talk a bit about it. For example, I'm "online" right now in more ways/places (I suppose) than one. I've my msn open to chat with friends (because I'm old school like that, and skype hates me. But I have that too lol), I`m 'online' on facebook, and I'm 'online' in the sense that I'm on the internet; not to mention any other devices I have that are connected to the internet currently (like my ipod).

But I'm not here to tell you how many windows I've open on my computer right now (if you're wondering, it's 7), I'm here to talk about online. That void, that digital (?) place that we all end up in/at at one time. It's amazing the things that are available online: the music, videos, documents, photos... All those things that we post in "private" that make their way out to the general public, etc. It's an amazing place, and if you know how to navigate online, you have access to almost anything (so I hear; I'm computer illiterate). However, even if you're computer illiterate you can find a multitude of things. Heck, forget trying to FIND things, you can create things. Yupp. You can make "new" things. Like people.

Well, technically you're not actually making a new person (hello Frankenstein?),  but you can create an alternate ego. I've done it before, but I can't actually link you to it because my friend had the link, and it's like, 7ish years ago, and I don't even know if it's still out there. But it was fun; I was more alternative than my truly preppy self, and I was definitely more outgoing. It was all in fun too, so there was no fear of anyone taking it very seriously; it was also clear it was all in fun.

What else can I say about online? Not much tonight because I'm sort of out of it-I'm listening to Brad Paisley/ watching the Dukes of Hazzard, drinking tea, and eating chocolates after a long, painful day, so yeah... I'm going to go wallow and enjoy it.

(p.s., what do you use to go online? Google chrome, internet explorer, firefox? whatt?? I'm on Google Chrome atm..)

No comments:

Post a Comment