Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reunions

Before I get into my topic today, I'd just like to take a moment to celebrate; I just finished my last exam of the semester, and that means that I'm officially done with my third year! I'm pretty excited about this, as it means not only have I come this far from when I graduated high school and went into the wrong faculty (yeah, Science wasn't for me), but I'm that much closer to achieving my goals; I'm only 1 year away from obtaining my first (hopefully of 2) degree! :)

And now, onto topic: reunions. We've all been to them or had them, right? I'm about to be reunited with summer "vacation" (as soon as spring decides to show up at least), or we've all been to that great big gathering of a bunch of people that we haven't seen in a while, right? Well, I've decided that reunions can be a good thing and a bad thing; even reunions happening for unpleasant reasons can turn out to be good things.

For example, recently (okay, so a few months ago - it feels recent though!) I went to a family reunion of sorts when I attended my grandfather's funeral. Funerals aren't really a pleasant time, especially when they are being held for people that you love, but it was a chance to see the part of my family that I don't normally get to see, which was a nice thing. I even got to meet my new cousin (err.. my cousin's daughter; I'm not exactly sure which relation she is to me technically) which was awesome because I have several relations all under about 4, half of whom I've actually met. I also got to spend time with aunts, uncles, cousins, and people that I basically consider my family but actually have no blood relation to that I almost never get to see because we live in different provinces; for this reason, even bad things can turn out to be alright.

A more positive reunion (or form of reunion) would be a high school reunion, or an annual family reunion. I'm not going to either of these any time soon (so far as I know), but I do get to be reunited briefly with some of my friends! Now that the bulk of exams and classes are over (I'm done! But I have a friend who doesn't finish exams for another week or so, and Ray-Ray isn't done classes until the month's end because her school decided to be dumb) I have friends returning home to see people (like their families and myself and many many others) before jetissoning off to interesting places that I wish I were living in for the summer. They're off to take part in co-ops, etc while I'm stuck here (maybe?) where it's still not really spring. But that's besides the point; they're coming home for about a week each, and I'm going to get to see them!

I'm ridiculously excited about this, because I need to get out more. However, it's a chance to catch up in person instead of online (oh hey, remember that post?) or through texting, and this is what excites me. Reunions truly are wonderful things!

I think I've exhausted all that I really wanted to say today, which I'm sure you're relieved about; I'm off to find some lunch or a spot to read (or both) before I hit the rink and then head out to a friend's going away party (reunion? not really, since I won't know many of the people there; just party). Hopefully I'll manage to keep my record in tact tomorrow by updating at some point, but we'll see how that goes.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment