Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Words!!

Look, it's Wednesday night and it's 'W'! I'm excited! Lol, but really today I've decided that I'm going to talk about words. They're wonderful and they help us to communicate. We all use different words and we all use them in different ways, but we can all communicate in some manner; even if you don't go into a place knowing a language you'll know at least a few words by the time you leave (even if they're cusses or things like 'washroom', they're words!).

And there are so many great words. I'm going for a short post tonight because I've put basically no thought into what I'm going to write as I relaxed this morning, looked up some skating stuff, went to work, hung out with some friends, and ended up here. However, I can share some of my favourite words with you today it you'd like. (hears no replies).. I'll take that as a yes!

So, I love the word 'awesome'. I know it's over used and fully girly sounding, but it's a nice sounding word; it rolls off the tongue nicely. I'm also a fan of the word 'skookum'. If you've never heard it you're obviously not from the West Coast of Canada, but basically it's another word for great. The word 'whisper' is also pretty great; it's one of those words that sort of comes out sounding like what it means.. If you have ever said it in the right tone you'll understand what I'm talking about.

But really, I think that's all I'm going to get up to tonight; my brain has stopped functioning fully so I'm going to go catch up on watching the vlogbrothers, then it's off to bed. G'night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment