Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jump Rope and Ju Jubes

You have no idea how hard it was to decide what to write about today (unless you're one of the people I asked for ideas)! There are so many things that come to mind when I think of "J", and I had a super hard time deciding. First I thought of jousting, then juries, and jumps/jumping, juggling, and someone suggested journals and jackhammers, jack sh!t, jolts, joules... Finally, Ray-Ray's suggestion won out and I'm talking about Jump Rope and Ju Jubes.






I actually didn't think right away that I would choose this topic because it seemed kind of vague and difficult to write about, but when I actually thought about it it became clear just how imperative to my up bringing ju jubes have actually been (sound lame, right?). Ever since I was little being at my grandparents' house has been a huge part of my life - when I was little they moved up here to live nearer us than an hour - and I still spend as much time with them as possible with them. 


[I had about 2.5 more paragraphs about ju jubes and being at grandma's here that were really sentimental and contained a bunch of fond memories, like how I used to squish the ju jubes up and make them all sticky and messy before eating them, and how I'd take so much time to pick just the right ones, but my computer has decided today that it hates me, and thus they were erased. I'll suffice it to say that now you'll never know the depth of my history with ju jubes, but that it's really rather extensive. Sorry, but technology and I aren't great friends, and today (s)he seems to be hating on me. Let us move forth.]


Even today I still eat ju jubes. On occasion I eat them at grandma's house, but not nearly as frequently as I used to; I don't have them every visit! But I've taken to munching on sour ju jubes while I study, and though I know it's a bad habit - it helps. I'll just make sure I remember to keep going to the gym (when I'm not so exhausted) and working hard!!


I was going to write about the various uses of jump ropes, but as I'm tired and listening to country music, drinking tea, and currently have tears threatening to poor out of my eyes (because of the memories associated with the song that I just turned off) I find it sufficient to say that they have multiple uses, from keeping you fit to keeping you restrained, and that they were much easier to use for their intended purpose when I was little. Did you ever do Jump Rope for Heart? You know, when you took pledges for the Heart and Stroke Association and then attempted to jump rope for hours? Well I did, and it was a hugely fun event - we jumped rope for hours (in teams), played jump rope games, and got ourselves ensnared in double dutch ropes - and I know I probably couldn't do it for as long as I did then now. Someone out there's probably saying I'm lazy or large or whatever, but I swear I'm not. I'm just not a crazily active little kid anymore (oh how I wish I was!), and I don't have the energy I used to.


Wow, this all sounds rather depressing :( Guess it's time to turn on the charm and say "I hope y'all have a wonderful day tomorrow and that the sun shines (though it probably won't, with our track record); I'm writing a Victorian Lit exam and studying Psychology, so I probably won't be joining you" *bats eyelashes* "Goodnight lovelies, I'm sure tomorrow will be a new, exciting day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment