Friday, April 15, 2011

Motivation

So I don't know about anyone else out there, but lately it's been really hard to find the motivation to do my studying - I just want school to be over, the heck with all these exams! But alas, I had 6 to write (I say 'had' as I now only have one less to write), and I finally found motivation to study. Or at least to work on the last remaining course I have, haha. 

How did I find this motivation? Well, I wrote an exam this morning.

There's someone out there that's extremely skeptical as to how this could possibly help me find my motivation, but I swear it makes sense. Let me explain: I wrote my psych final this morning, and it was pretty much the easiest final exam I've ever written. It was 80 multiple choice questions and we were allotted two hours in which to complete it. Because I've been studying throughout the term, and because I find the work to be somewhat easy and repetitive, I completed this exam in something akin to forty minutes. Me. I finished a final exam (worth 90/200 points of my grade) in under an hour. That's not the scary thing though. The scariest bit? I found it incredibly easy

There's someone out there laughing at me again but I'm serious. The ease with which I completed this exam not only gave me vast amounts of confidence, but it gave me the motivation to study for my next and final exam. The fact that the last exam is an English exam doesn't hurt. Nor does the fact that I have yet to finish the assigned reading... Which isn't as bad as it sounds; I've only got two novels to finish off. About 70 pages in Maria Edgeworth's Belinda, and then all of Opie`s Adeline Mowbray and then I`m done, so I'll be able to do it before the exam :). And then it's just reviewing notes and getting my arse out of bed at 6 am again after working afternoon shifts all the week prior. Yuck.

But I'm out, this took far too long to write and I'm going into town to pick up take 'n' bake pizza for dinner with Dad. Luvs!

No comments:

Post a Comment