Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Killing Kisses and Kerosene

Here's our grammar lesson for the day: commas are important! Without them, as my title is written, you may expect something about killing kisses such as a write up about a Dementor's Kiss. For two reasons however, this will never be. The first is that a Dementor's Kiss doesn't actually kill you, the Dementor simply sucks out your soul (so much more pleasant, eh?), therefore not technically killing you; the second is that that could be fairly depressing, and I did depressing yesterday and don't want to again tonight. As for Kerosene, well, you'll see where that comes in shortly.

(And for all you Vancouver Canucks fans out there wondering why I'm not watching the playoffs, there's also two reasons for that: I'm not a gigantic hockey fan, and by not watching I'm supporting them. You see, every time I watch a Canucks game, they tend to lose. The same with the Olympics - every time I turned to the TV during the Gold Medal Game, the US scored. Thus, I'm hiding from hockey in order to support it. Convoluted logic, but it seems to work nonetheless.)


When most people try to think of words that start with 'K', I can see Kiss coming up. I can also see Kick, Kangaroo, Kung-Fu, Kill, and Korea. This is not where my mind went though. Instantly I can up with "Kill", "Kiss", and "Kerosene". Kiss and Kill are a little more typical, but Kerosene? Really? I seem to have this mental though process that comes up somewhat disturbing words if you connect them all. These three in particular though, wow.

If you put these words together and tried to work something out revolving around them you'd probably come up with some crazy twisted drama murder plot involving a lot of leather, relationships, murder, and arson. At least that's where my mind went when I realized these were the first three words I thought of when someone said "name a bunch of words that start with 'K'". You know what's worse though? It took me a while to come up with words past those three.

I was standing in the kitchen at like, 6 am planning out my day when I realized today was another blog day, one in which I'd have to write about something to do with "K", so I started thinking. I'd had weird dreams last night, so "Killing" came up. I was getting ready to leave for my exam, and went to say goodbye to my parents so "Kiss" came to mind (because I was not going to kiss them goodbye, they're ill and I have no time to be!), and we have an oil burning lamp in our living room (or rather, 2) that I love, so "Kerosene" came to mind. However, after thinking up those three, I was stumped. Stumped. I couldn't get past 3 for words that start with "K". And I'm an English major. I was pretty ashamed, then I tried to piece together the words that I'd thought up and was a little bit alarmed. So I thought I'd share.

Guess this is all from me tonight, I'm going to study a bit of Psych before I catch up on the hockey score and then watch Criminal Minds. Later Gator!! (Sorry, not picture today - I don't know what type of visual aide I want to include!! Luvsss!)

No comments:

Post a Comment